Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Big Girls Don't Cry

Have you ever been in-love?
Have you ever been broken hearted?

For all of us who have been there, you know what I mean when I say, it ain't easy.. it ain't easy at all. My good friend who has 4kids now, even told me it breaks her heart even more when she realized that all her children will have to go through the same pain and hardship of going through a heart-break. She asks herself, how am I to comfort them when that time comes, when she knows there's really no way around it.

You're probably thinking I'm in-love right now.. or maybe the other option--broken-hearted right now.. hehehe.. EHNGK>> wrong answer.. I'm neither! (did that sound like a buzzer.. hehe.. i don't know how to write the sound of a buzzer.. hahaha)

Well, the reason I wrote this post is because I have a group-singing gig coming up and we're singing Big Girls Don't Cry (by Fergie). And going through the lyrics reminds me of that broken-hearted feeling.. I never really took notice of the song's lyrics before but if you read through it, it actually has a very good message.. A message of getting back on your feet and finding yourself..

As I sing it over and over so I can memorize my part.. hehe.. I'm actually loving it.. Especially the part where it says... I have to be with myself and center, CLARITY, PEACE, SERENITY.

Wow! so perfect.. I should've learned this song when I was broken hearted.. It would have made me feel a little bit better... hahaha..

Do you know what serenity means? As my mom always prays... God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change. And that's exactly what we need to ask for when we're broken hearted.. when we're down and out.. when things don't go the way we want it to.. To Learn to Accept Things We Cannot Change.

We cannot change the reality that the people we used to love, don't love us anymore. We cannot change the reality that the person you dream about is already someone else's love. We cannot change the reality that the people you depend on, has already gone.

Or maybe the positive leads you were working so hard on, went with another company instead. Or maybe the success and fame that you used to have, has faded.

So many things we cannot change.. but the song goes on and says..
"But I've got to get a move on with my life."

and the punch line ofcourse goes like this..
"Its time to be a big girl now... And Big Girls Don't Cry"

I love the song now.
It's very real yet empowering.
Thank GOD, I'm a "little bit" of a BIG Girl now.. ;)

How about you?

-----
LYRICS
Big Girls Don't Cry
by Fergie

The smell of your skin lingers on me now
You're probably on your flight back to your home town
I need some shelter of my own protection, baby
To be with myself and center
Clarity, peace, serenity

CHORUS:
I hope you know, I hope you know
That this has nothing to do with you
It's personal, myself and I
We've got some straightenin out to do

And I'm gonna miss you like a child misses their blanket
But I've got to get a move in with my life
It's time to be a big girl now
And big girls don't cry
Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry

The path that I'm walkin, I must go alone
I must take the baby steps 'til I'm full grown, full grown
Fairy tales don't always have a happy ending, do they
And I foresee the dark ahead if I stay

-CHORUS-

BRIDGE:
Like the little school mate in the school yard
We'll play jacks and Uno cards
I'll be your best friend and you'll be mine
Valentine

Yes, you can hold my hand if you want to
Cause I want to hold yours too
We'll be playmates and lovers
And share our secret worlds

But it's time for me to go home
It's getting late, dark outside
I need to be with myself and center
Clarity, peace, serenity

-CHORUS-

4 comments:

Karen said...

The phrase "We cannot change the reality that the people/person we used to love,don't love us anymore. We cannot change the reality that the person you dream about is already someone else's love." made me cry after reading it..but I'm still hoping that this special someone whom I really loved so much will comeback. Thanks for your blog..it inspires me and made me realized that whether we like it or not, we have to accept things we cannot change and move on.

Jenne said...

Wow...
never thought my entry would inspire somebody else..
thanks for reading!

Things will get better soon....
--jenne

Karen said...

..Thank GOD for the talented bloggers in this virtual world who inspires people and put colors to the internet world hehe..(i am a desperate blogger who can't even express her thought.. so i guess my role is nothing but a reader and not a blogger lol!)so please post more inspiring blogs :-)

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.