Sunday, April 24, 2011

I do not eat the bread of idleness

This holy week has been most productive for me.

It all started when I dreamt of my dad telling me to go through my things cause I still had some stuff left. In my dream it was tagalog.. hehe.. dad said, "Anak tignan mo pa dun, may mga gamit ka pa do'n"

The whole dream was quite weird but an urging in my spirit was telling me.. go.. go.. go and take baby steps in orderliness.. So I did :D

If you know me, you'd know I'm ms. "tambak" hehehe..
When my table gets too cluttered, what I do is I take out all the clutters on my table and shove it to a basket or a rack or a corner.. hahaha.. and allow it to collect as much dust as it can! Or until my mother begins to yell at me.. hehehe... But now that I'm all grown up I think my mother gave up on yelling at me altogether.. and she's probably making use of the power of prayer instead to get my ass moving.. hahahaha... :p Hey, I'm being honest here.. its not easy to admit that.. but yes I am Ms. "tambak"

It has always been part of my prayer to God to help me overcome this weakness of mine. And I believe it is really a long process on how God works on us.. It's never a quick fix with God.. It all starts with a heart that seeks.. and it has to continue on with a heart that seeks him even more...

I finished cleaning my desk and drawers! I still have one big shelf left.. but overall my office area is pretty much neat and clean already!! I can't believe it.. hahaha.. My "tambak" has been in the box for over a year! bwahahahaa... And now IT'S CLEAN! :) :) :)

When I finished everything.. I remembered there is a verse in the bible that talks about being clean and organized .. So I looked it up... and its in my favorite chapter Proverbs 31.

And it said on verse 27:
She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.

Yes! Yes! Yes! I am a success! I did not eat the bread of idleness during this Holy Week :)
I am so happy about myself.

I am a work in progress.

Thank you Lord.
This Easter Sunday, we remember Jesus Christ and it brings me to tears thinking about what He has done for us.... to die for our sins.. to save us from our past.. to redeem us... even though we do not deserve it.. but by GRACE we have been saved.
Oh dear Lord, thank you for your son Jesus.
Thank you Thank you Thank you.

I offer my baby steps of cleanliness and orderliness to You Lord.
I know You are smiling back at me.. You're probably saying.. Finally! my daughter listened! hehehe... I love you Lord and Thank you Thank you Thank you.. for I know You are working inside of me.

No comments: